Sunday, June 5, 2011

My Girls



Recently I took Christy Tomlinson's She Girl online class. It was exactly what I have been wanting for so long, and it really set my inner artist free! Thanks, Christy!!


When I showed some of my girls to friends, they were very complimentary. Several of my artsy friends and I decided to make some and show them at a local market festival. So we had our annual sleepover and started making the girls. What fun was that!! Even if we didn't sell any, we had a great time staying up into the wee hours of the night, catching up and laughing with our girls.

Yesterday was the big day. We knew before we even set up that this was not a good time of year to sell this type of craft. And the current heatwave would probably keep many people at home. But this was our first show, so we went into it as a learning experience. We came away with three sales, a marketing plan for our next show (in October), and memories of a fun day together...including fried balony sandwiches and fried peach pies. The diets start tomorrow!!



























































































No comments:

Post a Comment